The club was formed in 1948 to give the men who had fought in the war a venue in which to socialise. The club has developed greatly since that time and our Chairperson and Trustees are all now female! It took over from the Ripley Literary and Mechanics Institute which occupied the building since it’s erection for the community in 1854.
The building is owned by Sir Thomas Ingilby and he is our president and an important supporter of the club. A large amount of money has been spent on the Hotel de Ville in recent years to ensure it meets with modern standards. This includes disabled access both into the building and by a lift to the first two floors. The Star Club is responsible for the management of the building and it provides a home for Ripley School who have their dinners and PE classes there and a host of community organisations.
The Town Hall is also the home of Ripley Live, click here to transfer to their site