About The Club

The Star Club was formed in 1948 but the building ("Hotel de Ville") has been in community use since its completion by the Ingilby family in the 1850's. The billiard cup that we compete for annually was presented in 1913 by Major W.H. Ingilby to the "Ripley Mechanics and Literary Institute". The Ripley Castle Estate still own the building and Sir Thomas Ingilby is the club president and main sponsor.

The Star Club SignThe Star Club gets its name from the Ingilby coat of arms. Sir Thomas explains that a star was used to signify purity and closeness to God. Some may think this is an appropriate symbol for the club, others may have their doubts!

The club has a very important sporting element and currently fields

*
three snooker teams
*
four billiard teams
*
two badminton teams
*
six table tennis teams
*
two dominoes teams and
*
a darts team

The Atmospheric Snooker Rooms
Please visit the Markington and District Billiards and Snooker League website for up to date results

The Pool Room
As well as being used for badminton and table tennis the main hall is available for hire for craft fairs, exhibitions, weddings, parties etc. There is also a very comfortable and atmospheric upstairs room which can be hired for smaller parties. Both the main hall and the upstairs room are used as venues for the very popular blues/rock gigs promoted by RipleyBlues. To hire the hall please click here.